We are glad to announce the immediate availability of ZCP 7.2.2 RC1.
The previous beta release introduced a complete rewrite of our backup-tool called Zarafa Backup Plus. Based on your input we have made some small improvements and bug fixes.
The new Zarafa Backup Plus tool includes some great new features:
- Metadata Backup (WebApp settings, Rules, ACLs)
- Compressed backup (inline)
- Backup & Restore based on date ranges
- Hashed backups (integrity)
- Backup statistics
- Restoring backup into different root directory
- and much, much more…
Additionally, at the end of this announcement, we have added the changelog for this release.
Changes regarding ZCP 7.2.2 beta 1
With the beta 1 release we introduced some major key feature enhancements, such as the direct support for systemd and the support for native IPv6 sockets, and these are of course also all included in beta 2. Additionally, we have included many upstream-related fixes which allow the operation of ZCP on a broad range of modern systems.
To utilize these changes some minor adoptions are recommended to existing configuration files which are not (in respect on special setups) updated automatically with upgrading:
- Most daemons are now started using an unprivileged user. Be sure that “run_as_user” and “run_as_group” are commented out to use the default, “zarafa”. If using our prebuilt DEB/RPM packages, this user and group will be created on installation (if not already present).
- To facilitate use of IPv6 on a single socket, zarafa-dagent no longer binds to the IPv4-only 127.0.0.1 by default. It is advised to review your firewall settings and perhaps block port 2003 if applicable.
- Default socket locations have changed to /var/run/zarafad. Please review your /etc/zarafa/*.cfg and other configuration files (e.g. WebApp & Z-Push) for the server socket parameters after installation to make sure they are consistent.
- In case of Multi-Server environments not using network-based socket configurations please check the LDAP tree for the zarafaFilePath attribute of Zarafa Server objects.
- Default PID file locations have changed to /var/run/zarafad. Check for duplicate programs running on non-systemd services.
So we recommend to plan in a small amount of time to adjust existing /etc/zarafa/*.cfg files in case you want to adapt to the new socket/pid bahavior. You can always consult the example files shipped with installation, like for example with the *.rpmnew files installed in parallel.
Recommended config changes at a glance but not mandatory
he following default configuration file parameters have received changes:
- Files: admin.cfg, backup.cfg, dagent.cfg, gateway.cfg, ical.cfg, licensed.cfg, monitor.cfg, search.cfg, spooler.cfg
Change the parameters: server_socket, run_as_user, run_as_group
- Files: dagent.cfg, gateway.cfg, ical.cfg, licensed.cfg, monitor.cfg, search.cfg, server.cfg, spooler.cfg
Change the parameter: pid_file
- File: server.cfg
Change the parameters: server_pipe_name, server_pipe_priority, search_socket, license_socket, run_as_user, run_as_group
- When using WebApp or WebAccess on the same server as ZCP, also change the file: config.php
Change the value at: define(‘DEFAULT_SERVER’)
- When using Z-Push on the same server as ZCP, also change: backend/zarafa/config.php
Change the value at: define(‘MAPI_SERVER’)
We recommend to make sure these parameters are changed accordingly to reflect the new /var/run/zarafad subdirectory for PID files and sockets. When changed, we also recommend to change any (custom) scripts (not provided by ZCP) running on the local ZCP server pointing to use the old socket location.
The path towards final
If no critical issues are identified, we will re-brand this release as final.
Where do I find it?
We are always interested in your feedback! Contact our support team or drop your feedback on the forum!
Changelog (Beta2 – RC1)
[ZCP-13882] dagent: add some debug messages for OOF reporting
[ZCP-13818] search: check folder public flag to avoid crash
[ZCP-13822] backup-plus: strip trailing slashes from data path
[ZCP-13823] backup-plus: deal with special characters in user names
[ZCP-13816] dagent: avoid hang on shutdown
[ZCP-13815] gateway: ensure address structure has four fields
[ZCP-13815] gateway: do resolution of ZARAFA addresses
[ZCP-13766] common: drop excessive slow flushs from ECLogger_File
[ZCP-13784] search: extract “indexing” terms from search text
[ZCP-13756] search: index recipients
[ZCP-13881] presence: avoid reporting failure on proper shutdown
[ZCP-13213] gateway: reduce loglevel for successful pop3 logins
[ZCP-12587] zarafa-set-oof: add –dump-json option
[ZCP-13623] plugins/ldap: avoid crash when bad server URI used
[ZCP-13729] dagent: allow empty Out Of Office messages
[ZCP-13856] m4l: let clients fallback to /var/run/zarafa
[WA-9167,ZCP-13854] search: set search term limit to 32
[ZCP-12869] libicalmapi: sacrifice GMT-11 for GMT+13 when guessing allday event date
[ZCP-13567] pyza: fix search crash for store without junk/outbox folders
[ZCP-13851] inetmapi: retain attachment status even for top-level body part
[ZCP-13866,WA-9728] m4lcommon: catch convert_to exception