Zarafa is looking for a hands-on Technical Software Tester to strengthen our Quality Assurance Team in Delft, The Netherlands.
Your tasks cover a broad area of testing activities and you use modern tools, systems and techniques. You are familiar with best-practices such as Continuous Integration and Scrum and seek the best possibility to achieve the highest quality possible.
As a Technical Software Tester you not only take an active role in the Zarafa Quality Assurance team, but you also assist the support desk with analyzing customer-related issues and setting up reproducible test environments. These systems are all based on Linux; having experience with Linux systems is therefore a must.
You act as test guardian for our international development teams in India, Brazil and elsewhere. You understand the importance of user requirements and specification by example. You seek opportunities to improve the software quality by implementing and maintaining automated testing tools in our Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
The Zarafa WebApp is the latest addition to our product suite, the new generation groupware software (single page web application) which will replace desktop clients. The Zarafa WebApp relies heavily on the backend which is the Zarafa Collaboration Platform. By adopting open standards, Zarafa strives to become the best platform for collaboration and sharing.
What makes this role so unique?
As a young, dynamic and rapidly growing company, the Zarafa brand has acquired quite an international following. We work worldwide with Linux engineers and developers from many leading (open source) organizations. Even more exciting is that many longtime Linux gurus and well-known specialists in the field are regularly in contact with us. Leveraged by this outside support, Zarafa continues to tackle common technology challenges, where external people come up with new solutions or contribute new testing on additional platforms. We are committed to test completely all of our releases before they are made available and rolled out at customer sites.
We at Zarafa foster a hands-on culture where we focus on end-to-end solutions rather than just solving low-level isolated problems. Zarafa has a non-hierarchical flat organization where the “individual” is key in influencing new product development. You feel proud that your contributions are being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world, and that many developers in different countries in different cultures speaking a multitude of languages provide feedback and expand on your efforts.
Why is this role so amazing?
- You develop yourself further in a broad range of technical and non-technical aspects
- You collaborate and exchange ideas with skilled colleagues and Linux experts at Zarafa and beyond
- You influence software testing processes, automated (regression) testing
- You take responsibility to setup and maintain our Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- You take part actively in the open source community, enjoy Hackathons and Pizza Coding Evenings
- You have the opportunity to attend talks and presentations at renowned gatherings; and,
- You undergo personal growth through training, monthly coaching and bi-yearly reviews
You are positive, curious and enjoy solving tricky problems. Testing web-based applications and front-ends is something you have a natural knack for. You are eager to learn and expand upon your experience in modern testing techniques and methodologies. You get energized by learning new stuff and actively following the latest-and-greatest technology trends in modern testing frameworks. You have a drive to keep abreast of the latest and greatest technologies and how to test them with modern tooling. Testing is what it is all about.
Your Knowledge and experience
The following skills are required:
- Successfully completed a higher vocational education, university or similar, including additional training in testing
- Proven track record as tester in medium to large project teams involving complex products
- Analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, independent and perseverant
- Excellent communication and written skills, English and (optionally) Dutch
- Can translate user requirements into solid test sets (specification by example)
- Prefer white-box to black-box testing; and,
- Knowledge of one or more test methodologies and/or best practices
The following skills though not required would be advantageous:
- Hands on experience with Linux, multiple browsers and groupware products
- Knowledge of Mail servers, SMTP and MTA’s like Postfix or other
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, user stories, regression tests and continuous integration
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite, Jenkins ,OpenBuild Service, and other software tools
- Familiar with Apache, PHP/MAPI, Vmware, KVM etc; or,
- Experience with automated test frameworks: Selenium, soapUI, RSpec, Cucumber, or something similar
Career Level: Junior to Mid-careerExperience: 1-5 years (commercial)Education: Vocational college, university or equivalent (HBO/WO)Job Type: Full-time Employee (36-40h/w)
If the position of Technical Software Tester appeals to you, please contact Heleen van Beek (015-2517715), HR & Finance Consultant at Zarafa.
No (recruitment) agencies please