Zarafa in Amazon EC2
From Zarafa wiki
To evaluate the Zarafa product, you can also try the Zarafa virtual appliance in the Amazon EC2 cloud.
Zarafa has 2 EC2 instances available.
- Instance with Z-Admin management gui (ami-e937339d)
- Instance with commandline utilities for user management (ami-af4145db)
Both instances are available in the EU West region.
Use the basic Zarafa virtual appliance
The Zarafa virtual appliance is available in the community section by id ami-af4145db in the EU West region.
After the machine is started and you are logged in, you have to configure an email domain and users.
Configure email domains
- Open the file /etc/postfix/main.cf with an text editor
- Change the virtual_mailbox_domains option to the email domain you want to use in the machine
- Reload Postfix to activate the domain
Zarafa is configured with the internal database plugin. This mean you have to manage the users by the zarafa-admin tool. To create an user, use the following steps:
$ zarafa-admin -c username -P -f "Full name" -e emailaddress
Login to Zarafa
You can use the following clients to connect to Zarafa:
- Zarafa WebAccess, available on http://public-ip-address/webaccess
- Zarafa WebApp, available on http://public-ip-address/webapp
- IMAP / POP3 client, like Thunderbird and Evolution
- Mobile devices by remote Activesync
Use the Z-Admin Zarafa instance
Before starting the Z-Admin instance, please make sure port 10000 is open in the Amazon security group. After the instance is started, the administration interface can be accessed on:
For further configuration of Z-Admin, see http://doc.zarafa.com/trunk/ZAdmin/en-US/html-single.