Zarafa Outlook 2010 Support
From Zarafa wiki
Outlook 2010 is officially supported from Zarafa 6.40.11 and 7.0.1.
For some specific Outlook features, the Zarafa Outlook 2010 compatibility component is required.
From Zarafa clients 6.40.13 and 7.0.3 and higher the Outlook compatibility component is included in the zarafa-client installer and is installed by default.
Choose "custom" install in order to make sure that the OL2010 compatibility component is selected.
This compatibility component will only work with the following versions of Outlook:
- Outlook 2010 RTM - 14.0.4760.1000
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6025.1000
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6102.5000
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6109.5005
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6117.5001
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6126.5003 (supported only from: 220.127.116.11327, 7.0.10-38325, client versions)
- Outlook 2010 SP1 - 14.0.6131.5000 (supported only from: 7.1.3-41038, 7.0.12-41039, client versions)
The version can be found by opening file details on the file (Right click Properties -> Details tab): 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE'.
The version information shown under Help within Outlook 2010 is not relevant.
The Outlook features that will be available after installation of the compatibility component are:
- Opening shared calendars from Outlook menu ribbon ('Open Calendar')
- Private items support (hides private items)
- Public contact folder support in Outlook Addressbook
- Automatic direct booking of resources when enabled in the registry (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982774). Booking of resources using meeting requests (so, without Direct booking enabled) is supported as well.
Below is an overview of the functionality that is currently not available when using Outlook 2010 in combination with ZCP.
- Freebusy -> View calendar details
- Activities in Shared stores and Public Stores
- GAL pictures
- Using file -> Open -> Open other user's store is not possible, however you can open delegate stores using Zarafa's advanced configuration dialog, and you can open calendars using the ribbon ('Open Calendar') when viewing your calendar.
The Zarafa Outlook compatibility component does not support Outlook 2010 Click-to-run!
For more information see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982431 and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/click-to-run-known-issues-HA101850565.aspx#_Toc257787109
Microsoft provides instructions to upgrade Click-to-run back to a normal MSI-based installation
Setting delegates in OL2010
To set delegate permissions in Outlook 2010, please follow the steps below.
- Go to menu File, then Options.
- Click on the tab Add-Ins.
- Click on the button Add-in Options.
In very rare cases it can be that the zcompat.dll is not properly added to the AppInit_DLLs property within the registry.
This could result in shared calendars not properly being displayed.
In the registry:
For Windows 64bit, navigate to:
Change AppInit_DLLs to include C:\PROGRA~2\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll
For Windows 32bit, navigate to:
Change AppInit_DLLs to include C:\PROGRA~1\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll
In both cases, if you have multiple AppInit_DLLs you can separate them by using a space between them.
E.g. "somedll.dll C:\PROGRA~1\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll".
64 bits support
We plan to support 64-bit in the future, however no fixed release schedule is set.
Here is some additional information on Outlook 2010 64-bit.