From Zarafa wiki
We have a special page for Upgrading to 6.40.
To upgrade your Zarafa installation to a new version, please follow these steps:
- Make a backup on your Zarafa database
- Stop the running Zarafa processes using the init scripts, eg:
- Install the packages with rpm -Uhv zarafa* libvmime* libical* command, or for Ubuntu and Debian use dpkg -i zarafa* libvmime* libical*
- If you upgrade to new major version, please convert your license on the Zarafa portal and replace it in the /etc/zarafa/license/base file
- Start the zarafa processes using the initscripts, eg:
Atleast the zarafa-server and zarafa-spooler must be running.
When starting the Zarafa-server the previous version will be checked in the version table and possible database conversions will be executed. Depending on the database conversion that needs to be done, this can take some time.
Please read the server.log for the update status. Don't restart the Zarafa-server or the MySQL process during the update!!
Major upgrades are from version 5.2x to 6.0x or from 6.1x to 6.2x.
To convert your serial you will need a valid upgrade subscription.