Zarafa is looking for a hands-on technical agile software tester to strengthen our Quality Assurance Team in Delft, The Netherlands.
Your tasks cover a broad area of testing activities, and you use modern tools, systems and techniques. You verify functionality and ensure the highest quality of our flagship product Zarafa WebApp (based on ExtJS). This includes all related components connected to and integrated with the Zarafa Collaboration Platform (ZCP). You take the initiative to think up new testing procedures and improve the verification processes based on the testplan. You are familiar with generic functional testing as well as white-box testing. Your insights are valuable in localizing problems and identifying hard-to-find bugs. You like to build and support automating testing frameworks, or would like to learn how.
As an agile tester you not only take an active role in the Zarafa Quality Assurance team, but you also assist the support desk with analyzing customer-related issues and setting up reproducible test environments. You act as test guardian for our international development teams in India, Brazil, and elsewhere. You understand the importance of user requirements and specification by example. Ideally you should have some experience with agile and scrum. If you haven’t then don’t worry, you will be trained as an agile tester so that you can get up and running in no time. Your assignment, should you dare take on this exciting challenge, will carry you on to new heights and provide the next quantum leap of your career as a professional software tester.
The Zarafa WebApp is the latest addition to our product suite, the new generation groupware software (single page web application) which will replace desktop clients. Based on Sencha ExtJS, it incorporates Ajax/JSON extensively to communicate with the PHP/MAPI backend. The complete code is open source and offers an extensive API to the community, as well as a public plugin framework, for extending the platform to integrate with other software products via protocols like WebRTC, XMPP, etc.
What makes this role so unique?
As a young, dynamic and rapidly growing company, the Zarafa brand has acquired quite an international following. We work worldwide with Linux engineers and developers from many leading (open source) organizations. Even more exciting is that many longtime Linux gurus and well-known specialists in the field are regularly in contact with us. Leveraged by this outside support, Zarafa continues to tackle common technology challenges, where external people come up with new solutions or contribute new testing on additional platforms. We are committed to test completely all of our releases before they are made available and rolled out at customer sites.
We at Zarafa foster a hands-on culture where we focus on end-to-end solutions rather than just solving low-level isolated problems. Zarafa has a non-hierarchical flat organization where the “individual” is key in influencing new product development. You feel proud that your contributions are being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world, and that many developers in different countries in different cultures speaking a multitude of languages provide feedback and expand on your efforts.
Why is this role so amazing?
- You develop yourself further in a broad range of technical and non-technical aspects;
- You collaborate and exchange ideas with skilled colleagues and Linux experts at Zarafa and beyond;
- You influence software testing processes, automated regression testing and continuous integration;
- You take part actively in the open source community, enjoy Hackathons and Pizza Coding Evenings;
- You have the opportunity to attend talks and presentations at renowned gatherings; and,
- You undergo personal growth through training, monthly coaching and bi-yearly reviews.
You are positive, curious and enjoy solving tricky problems. Testing web-based applications and front-ends is something you have a natural knack for. You are eager to learn and expand upon your experience in modern testing techniques and methodologies. You get energized by learning new stuff and actively following the latest-and-greatest technology trends in modern testing frameworks. You have a drive to keep abreast of the latest and greatest technologies and how to test them with modern tooling. Testing is what it is all about.
Your Knowledge and experience
The following skills are required:
- Successfully completed a higher vocational education, university or similar, including additional training in testing;
- Proven track record as tester in medium to large project teams involving complex products;
- h3 analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, independent and perseverant;
- Excellent communication and written skills, English and (optionally) Dutch;
- Can translate user requirements into solid test sets (specification by example);
- Prefer white-box to black-box testing; and,
- Knowledge of one or more test methodologies and/or best practices.
The following skills though not required would be advantageous:
- Hands on experience with Linux, multiple browsers and groupware products;
- Knowledge of Mail servers, SMTP and MTA’s like Postfix or other;
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, user stories, regression tests and continuous integration;
- Knowledge of OTRS, Jira, Hudson, and other software tools;
- Familiar with Apache, PHP/MAPI, Vmware, KVM etc; or,
- Experience with automated test frameworks: Selenium, soapUI, RSpec, Cucumber, or something similar.
Career Level: Junior to Mid-career
Experience: 1-5 years (commercial)
Education: Vocational college, university or equivalent (HBO/WO)
Job Type: Full-time Employee (36-40h/w)
No (recruitment) agencies please