This is the first blog post of two blog posts in which we look back at the Zarafa Tour in the Netherlands and Germany: two days full of releases, discussions, inspiration and learnings.
In September we organized the first edition of the Zarafa Tour, also known as the successor of Zarafa Summercamp. At the end of last year, we decided to organize a set of local events with technology at its heart. And last year, we also received feedback of participants pointing out their interest in more local (customer) stories. With these objectives in mind, the Zarafa Tour was organized and it has been a blast. Let me share some of the many highlights.
A movies is worth a thousand words
Before we dive into what’s new in ZCP and what’s coming to our platform, let me show you a short impression (2 minutes) of the Zarafa Tour in the Netherlands. Enjoy!
Overview of releases
A Zarafa event has never featured this many releases before. The result of this is a comprehensive list of final, beta and alpha releases:
- WebApp 1.4 (FINAL) with new end-user features like: auto save drafts, keyboard shortcuts, WebODF preview, restore soft delete and message in message.
More info and download: https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/21980/webapp-14-final-released
- Zarafa Web Services (ALPHA) has been released for our European Partners. ZWS is the Exchange Web Services implementation for Zarafa. These web services enable access to Zarafa mailbox data (e.g. email, contacts and calendar) from desktop computers, mobile devices, applications and websites. For example, this means that Mac users can sync Zarafa with their traditional clients like Apple Mail (just like you would do in Outlook on Windows).
More info and download: https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/22087/zcp-718-beta-1-and-zws-a...
- Z-Push 2.1 (FINAL) which includes s-mime support, and support for windows Mobile 8 and Blackberry 10.
More info and download: http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/index.php?pages_id=58&t=News
- Zarafa Server Management (BETA). This API is designed for provisioning tenants, users and groups over a REST API. Zarafa Server Management API has a direct link to a preconfigured LDAP directory where all the resources are provisioned. This API is designed for provisioning tenants, users and groups over a REST API. Zarafa Server Management API has a direct link to a preconfigured LDAP directory where all the resources are provisioned.
Find out more about what’s possible with this API: https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/21793/zarafa-server-management-api
- ZCP Minor 7.1.7 (FINAL): The new version has official support for Windows 8, Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and SLES 11 SP3.
More info and download: https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/21943/zarafa-collaboration-platform-717-final
It was very nice to present these innovations and release, but it was even more rewarding to talk with participants about these releases and what they can mean for customers. And, releases were by far not the only topic on the agenda. In the second blog post, I will update you on the interesting interactive discussions that we have had.